This section shows pictures of various types of commercial activity: Stores, banks, the creamery, and gas stations. To see multiple images of a given commercial activity, scroll across.
* Photo courtesy of Susan Dickens, Dicken's Pickens
** Photo courtesy of Washington County Historical Society
† Photo courtesy of Mark and Dawn McGinley Collection
†† Photo from "Scandia Then and Now" book
¶ Photo courtesy of Holly Kaufhold, Scandia Mercantile
Note that this is lacking many commercial establishments. Submit pictures to ScandiaHeritageAlliance@gmail.com if you wish them to be posted on these pages.
1. Early Warehouse section of Scandia Mercantile†
1. Scandia State Bank (merged with Farmers State Bank in 1929). **
1. The Scandia Cooperative Creamery started operating in June 1894. This later building was constructed in 1913 at a cost of $4,833. †
1. Early gas station (west side of Olinda, north of Hwy 97 - former lumberyard building), Feed mill building is behind the gas pumps.**